Applying bronzer powder is really a great way to make you attractive with natural-looking glow in the face. This is especially true during these summer days when the skin looks dull and dry.
If you do not know how to apply it correctly, you can just make your face look dirty and orange in color. And you do not want that to happen. If you want to have that marvelous look, learn these three steps, and practice until you make it perfect.
Create an Even Base
- As a general rule, always wash your face with lukewarm water and cleanser. In using a cleanser, make sure it works best with your skin type. To do it, create a lather with warm water and gently massage it to your face using your fingertips in a circular motion. Then rinse off with water and pat to dry with a clean washcloth.
Remember, use a cream-based cleanser for dry skin. An oil-based pH-balanced gentle cleanser works best for normal skins and foaming cleanser for oily skin.
- Apply a moisturizer with sunscreen. After washing, it is good to hydrate and protects the skin. Massage it with a quality moisturizer that has high SPF content and apply an eye cream if you wish too. Just don’t forget to choose a moisturizer that comes with sunscreen protection to protect it from UV rays.
- Put some concealer. This is crucial also in creating an even base before you opt to place a bronzer blush, start with concealer and be sure to choose the one that blends well with skin color. Apply it also above the foundation to areas that needs some extra coverage.
- Make an even canvas with liquid foundation. After applying concealer, apply an even coat of the foundation on the entire face. This will add a smooth complexion. This served as a canvass for contouring. You can do so by applying it with a makeup sponge, makeup brush, or simply your fingertips.
For a tip, blend the foundation down to the neck for a more natural look. For a natural or softer look, choose a tinted moisturizer. Apply the same way with your liquid foundation. If you intend to use blush, apply it only after applying the makeup bronzer.
Apply the Bronzer Powder
- Choose a bronzer powder shades that are darker than your natural skin tone. Take note, that the purpose of adding a bronzer is to darken the complexion. So, your options will have to depend on the color of your skin. For fairer skin, choose honey-colored bronzer. For medium complexion, choose a rose bronzer or gold bronzer. For dark skin, it is best to enhance with tawny or amber bronzer powder.
- Use a fluffy powder brush with a round top when applying. If your brush is small or stiff, this may cause blotches and streaks may form when you apply the bronzer. You may opt for bronzer brushes or foundation brush. And for a softer and natural finish, use a fan brush.
- Make swirls to brush evenly the bronzer. Apply a light one, until it builds up color then adding a single dark layer at once. Put a light coat at the end of the brush and tap off the excess powder.
- Don’t forget to put on your forehead. In applying the bronzer, do it in a shape of “3” from the top to the bottom of the face including both sides starting from the forehead. Then slightly brush on the outer sides of the upper forehead and along the hairline.
- Put the bronzer also on the cheekbones. To do this, smile and apply it to your cheekbones, starting from the apples of the cheeks and toward the hairline.
- Apply also the bronzer to the jawline. To complete the “3” shape, don’t forget your jawline. This will surely make a definition to your face.
- Apply over your nose, chin, and neck. When applying for the bronzer blush, focus on areas on the face where the sun tends to hit. Make a final dusting brush to the bridge of the nose, a tip of the chine, and points of the face. And for final natural glow effect, don’t forget the next so that it matches your face. But, never add too much bronzer, this can lead to a heavy and darker look
Finish that Marvelous Look
- Using a new brush, blend the bronzer. Take another brush, and then blend everything to remove any unnatural lines and blotches. Never forget the neck area as well. Start at the center part of the face and brush towards the outside in circular motions.
- Remove any lines with translucent powder. If you already blended everything and you think your complexion doesn’t look that smooth transition. Use a blending brush and put some translucent powder, tap any excess and then blend again.
- For brighter glow, add blush. You may use a blush stick, liquid, or powder blush. Apply it at the center of the apple of the cheeks and blend it towards the edges of the face with a rounded brush.
- Lock that looks with a setting spray. This will make sure that your face looks radiant all day.
With these tips above, you can surely achieve that marvelous look with a bronzer. If you are looking for the best bronzer powder, Boyd’s Bronzing powder is really worth recommending. This is a versatile powder that helps to sculpt and contour the face. It has a luminescent to add a bronzing glow to your complexion.
This is just a perfect option for that natural glowing look! If you want to avail one now, you can visit and buy online, Boyd’s Madison Avenue.